Couple Therapy is a way of resolving couple’s conflicts or problems when they have not been able to do it effectively on their own.
Couples may learn to:
- interpret partner’s behaviors differently
- identify patterns of behavior that are involved in the negative interaction
- communicate needs clearly
- express feelings
- argue better
- foster a secure attachment
- restore intimacy
- identify what escalates the conflict
- stop the escalation of conflict
The techniques vary depending on the therapist approach.