Connie Capdevila Brophy, PhD, MA, Lic
Clinical Psychologist, Psychotherapist, and Mediator
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Master in Child and Adolescent Psychopathology
- Completed Externship Training as Family and Couple’s Therapist at the Ackerman Institute for Family Therapy in New York City
- Certified Family and Divorce Mediator
- Alcoholism Counselor, USA
- Addiction Counselor, USA
Dr. Capdevila is a Clinical Psychologist with over 25 years of experience in NYC and BCN. Dr. Connie Capdevila lived in New York City for nine years where she worked with individuals and families from different backgrounds in the fields of mental health and addictions, both in public and private settings.
She worked as a Psychotherapist at the Roberto Clemente Family Guidance Center in Manhattan and as a Family Therapist at the Ackerman Institute for Family Therapy – Families, Learning Disabilities and Attention Disorders Program. She also served as Director of a Clinic in Manhattan that offered alcoholism counseling and mental health services to patients and clinical supervision to staff.
Since 1995, Dr. Capdevila offers private practice services in Barcelona which combines with teaching and research. In addition, she provides consultation for schools to help identify and deal with a variety of behavior and emotional issues.
- Col.legi Oficial de Psicòlegs de Catalunya, Miembro de la junta de la Sección de Alternativas de resolución y transformación de conflictos
- Federación Española de Asociaciones de Psicoterapeutas
- Associació Catalana de Teràpia Familiar
- Centre de Mediació de Dret Privat de la Generalitat de Catalunya
- Associació de Professionals de la Mediació de Conflictes de Catalunya
- Acadèmia de Ciències Mèdiques de Catalunya i Balears
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, USA
Connie assists families, couples, and individuals using a short term, goal oriented approach. Combines change-based models, such as brief, systemic, narrative, solution-focused, dialectic and cognitive-behavior and dialectic behavior.
She specializes in Depression, Anxiety, and Attention deficit /hyperactivity disorder and offers addiction recovery counseling and support for family members who have been affected. As a divorce mediator, she can help families going through divorce.
Clinical Services include Self-development groups to improve self-esteem and manage emotions in conflicts, and to overcome fears and anxiety.
Online therapy is also available.
Services are offered in English/Spanish/Catalan.